Regular visits with our [dr_tyep] help keep your smile healthy.
At GoSmiles Dentistry, we encourage you to make regular appointments for dental exams and cleanings in Gainesville, Virginia. During your first visit, you will receive a comprehensive exam. During each following visit, our office can offer a wide range of dental services. Call 703-753-3346 for an appointment and exam today.
During your exam appointment, our office will provide the following:
- Thorough exam using dental X-rays: X-rays help our dentists and our office detect tumors, cysts, compromised bone tissue and tooth decay. They also can examine the position of the teeth and their roots.
- Oral cancer screening: Our office will check for signs of oral cancer along the neck, lips, face, tongue, throat and gums.
- Gum disease exam: We will look for signs of periodontal disease around the teeth and gums.
- Exam for tooth decay: Using dental instruments, our office will check the surface of the enamel for tooth decay.
- Check existing restorations: Our office will check the strength of existing restorations, such as fillings and crowns.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Also known as dental prophylaxes, dental cleanings are completed by our registered hygienists. Cleanings will be performed along with a dental exam, as well as the following:
- Removing of tartar and calculus: Calculus and tartar occur when plaque and bacteria has been left on the surface of the teeth and starts to harden. At this point, the buildup about the gumline will need to be removed by a professional.
- Removing plaque: Plaque sticks to the surface of the tooth, forming an invisible layer. This is made up of bacteria, food debris and saliva. The bacteria can release toxins that inflame the gums and cause periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: This helps remove the plaque and stains not removed by brushing or our hygienist.